Friday, June 5, 2009

Chalk Time

This past Monday, I had colored some posters that we hung up to remind people of the BBQ on Tuesday. Carson wanted to help me, but I explained to him he couldn't, but he could color on paper. A few hours later he was outside while Nick worked on his car. He had found a blue marker from they computer desk and proceeded to use it. So when I walked out to see what he was up to, I saw exactly where he used it.....on the driveway.....so I put him in time out and explained to him how that ruins the markers...(I wasn't too concerned with the concrete...I figured it would wash eventually). But after going back outside through the front door, I noticed he had colored on the front door too! Then I got a little more upset. So Nick cleaned up the marker off the door and the sidewalk then also told me that Carson colored on my Ladder Decoration! (It now has blue polka dots!) Needless to say I was pretty mad since I thought Carson knew better than that! But I soon realized that he was just trying to use a marker to color like me. So then I felt a little bad that I just didn't let him help me with the posters. That night for FHE, we had planned a trip to the library, and so afterwards, we stopped by Smith's and found a great big box of sidewalk chalk for pretty cheap, and thought that would be a fun activity for Carson and Kaylee. And maybe Carson would get his fill of coloring....so he won't color on the house anymore! We invaded our neighbors across the street since they had shade and a large area of SMOOTH concrete to use!! Thanks again Brian & Kristi for being so accommodating! Kaylee had a blast!!! Carson colored a little, but spent more time riding bikes with the other kids! But it was fun to just sit and visit and color! We got done just in time for it to start POURING rain!! It was quite a storm! And it probably cleaned up our mess for us pretty well! Here are some pictures from that night:



I think Kaylee got more chalk on herself than on the sidewalk!!!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

We like sidewalk chalk here too. I like the photos -- especially of you Brittany sitting in the back of a wagon. What a good idea! I always just plop down on the sidewalk and have dirty behind after :)

Lifes Great Adventures said...

Looks like you have been having fun! We are putting our blog private but if you want I would be happy to invite you just send me your google email at spackmansrock@msn.com
Destiny