Monday, May 25, 2009

I did it!!!

I ran the Woods Cross 5k!! I ran...not walked...ran! (okay, it was more like jogging, but it wasn't walking!) My time was 27 minutes, 55 seconds. Yeah!! I haven't ran a 5k since I was like in the 6th grade when my sister Marisa and I ran the Fair 5k in Tremonton. I have been trying to work out and get into shape for the past year, but never thought I would WANT to do a 5k, but when I found out that Woods Cross does one, I thought...."why not?" So I have slowly started to put jogging into my workout routine. It actually has become quite fun. I normally walk/jog with my kids in the jogger stroller, but my favorite thing to do is go for a run all by myself. I put on my ipod, turn it way up, and just go. It is a great stress reliever! Doing this 5k was fun, but I have no desire to run further than that any time soon....so any type of marathon is out! It just feels good to accomplish something that you set as a goal for yourself. Thanks to Marisa and Jana for all the inspiration!! And thanks to my wonderful hubby Nick, for always being supportive and helpful with the kids, so I can exercise. Your the best!!

I hope you all enjoy your Memorial Day!!!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Good for you!!

Kellie said...

Congratulations! That is awesome Britt! Reminds me of when you set the goal to beat the record (wasn't it your sisters?) for swimming and you did it...plus you got $$ out of the ordeal! :) Way to have such great determination.

Jana Banana said...

Good Job Brittany! You did awesome!

Christiansen Family said...

You are totally awesome. Running is hard, but it can be fun. Keep it up.