I am finally trying something I have wanted to do for a while now. A chore chart for Carson. He doesn't really need a chart for chores, since he is always a big helper. But, I want to teach him some GOOD habits, like making his bed, brushing his teeth, saying prayers, and so on. My sister Marisa mentioned that he is at a good age to do a chore chart. I figured I should start out simple, and I can always add more chores later as I see a need for it. I included a catagory for picking up toys, eating his food (He can be quite a fussy eater somedays) and for No Accidents (toilet wise, which isn't a big problem, but sometimes he gets so distracted playing that he goes just a little in his pants...it is really annoying!). I found a book of 2000 stickers at Target for like $3, so they should last us awhile. I had a lot of scrapbook paper that has been collecting dust since I started doing everything digital (which I am way behind in doing!). So I put the paper to good use and made the chart with what I had. I think it turned out cute. I took pictures of his bed, toys, plate, toilet, toothbrush, and of him folding his arms to help him remember what is on his chart. I love digital cameras and color printers!! We hung up the chart in his room at a perfect height, so he can put the stickers on himself, but the stickers are where only I can reach! I told him that once he fills up all the chart with stickers we can take him to get purple ice cream and gummy bears. (He loves coldstone's blueberry muffin mix icecream, with mini gummy bears as the mix-in). We will see how it goes!


8 comments:
That is fun! I hope the push pins worked out for you! And I hope the chart works out as well :)
Cute chart! You'll have to let us know if it works!
Love it! What a fun idea, Luke is probably ready for something like that!
That looks REALLY good. That is something I need to make because Allen is in that same stage. Thanks for the idea.
I love your Halloween costumes... I just finished A & A costumes last night -- Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. Aren't too professional but they'll love it.
The snow looks like fun. I can't believe it -- we are having 80 degree weather right now.
Your chart turned out really cute. And I love all the pictures, Kaylee is getting so big and looks sooo much like you!
Your chart looks much better than mine! I just threw one together on corel. Keep at it! It is definitely a good idea. We've actually had to upgrade from stickers to money now. I give them a nickel a day that they do them without complaining. So it totals out to about a dollar a month. Good slave labor huh!
That is so cute and your scrapbook skills are still top notch. Of all kids that need a chore chart, your right he doesn't need one you have trained him well.
Just remember Britt, change is good after awhile! My kiddos get bored after one chore chart has been done. We usually come up with something different for incentives as they get better at things or older. You'll know when and what to change! Have a fun weekend. Too bad you can't come up here. Mom and dad might come visit- I hope!
Post a Comment