We spent the weekend down in Holden while Nick hunted. We hung out at the field and cabin with all of his Mom's side of the family. Saturday while the men hunted, Karen, the kids, and I went to Fillmore to the annual Craft Fair held at Millard High School. Of course I found some bows for Kaylee and some cute frames. We had dutch oven that night, YUMMY!! That is one of the best things about coming to Holden! The FOOD! Nick's mom always does such a great job keeping us fed with delicious food! We also enjoyed a 4wheeling venture with just Nick, Carson and myself. It was so fun!! Karen watched Kaylee while we went. We each had our own bikes, and took turnes letting Carson ride with us! It was probably the bumpiest trail I had ever ridden on, but Carson loved every minute of it. The weather was great, the company was fun, and and we all had a great time! Here are some fun pictures from the weekend.


Carson had so much fun playing with Shawn, Nick's cousins little boy. He is only 6 months older than Carson. They played so well together!

Kaylee even had another baby to play with her own age. This is Luke, Shawn's little brother. He is 8 days younger than Kaylee. He is adorable, and has the cutest blue eyes!!

We kept Kaylee bundled up tight! We took her to the Dr's right before we left Friday, and she had an ear infection! No Fun! But even with an ear infection, she was just a doll this weekend!

Carson, Nick and Grandpa Pace


Carson found many ways to entertain himself at the cabin....and they all included dirt!

This is Camp Bennett.....check out all the orange!! This is how they hunted most of the weekend. Sitting at the cabin, looking out over the field. The cabin sits at the top of a 30 acre hay field, and the deer will come right onto the field. They said there were like 80 deer Sunday Morning on the field. (But you only shoot the ones that have horns, and the deer on the field were just does and fawns.) I think hunting is just an excuse that men come up with to sit around all weekend and camp, eat, and talk about hunting and guns! And they get to wear orange while doing it!

Oh, so I guess I should report the deer count: 2. (Maybe even 1 1/2). Nick's Uncle Larry got a 3 point, and Nick's brother Jerid shot a spike. He got a lot of slack for shooting such a small deer! It was pretty funny!
3 comments:
I think it is pretty cool that you guys are into the deer hunting thing. You don't find people that deer hunt, or hunt at all very often anymore. My dad's family was huge into it growing up. Carson will have some fun memories to remember from it.
The pics are so cute why don't we get your side of the family into fun stuff were fun right? haha Can't wait to see you guys hope K bug is feeling better.
What a fun trip! I hope Kaylee ear infection gets better. Poor girl.
I just met a girl in my ward whose Mom moved to Holden from TX. I'll have to find out her mom's name.
Post a Comment