Friday, October 10, 2008

How to paint a wall in 2 weeks...

You start out by having your wonderful family come and help you start to paint the wall a medium shade of blue, and the rest of the room light blue. We thought it was time for a new paint job in Carson's room. I really wanted to do one wall with stripes, so we got off to a great start, and got his whole room painted on Saturday. Thanks Papa Bear and Karen for coming and helping us with our projects. We waited until Monday to tape the wall for the stripes. After about 1 1/2 hours of taping, Nick went to remove one to adjust it this is what happened next.....
A lot of the paint came off of our walls. Not just the blue paint, but the brown paint and the primer. Right down to the sheet rock!!!!!
We ended up peeling off all of the paint clear down to the sheet rock and started all over again.
You can just imagine how upset I was when this happened. It made Nick and I just sick to our stomachs since we had worked so hard to get to this point. So...we had to prime it on Saturday, paint it Medium Blue again on Monday, and then we started all over again with the stripes on Thursday....
This time we had a much better result:
It worked!!! It turned out very fun! We finally have moved Carson back into his room. He has spent several nights sleeping on our closet floor. (He loves to make a bed in there, it is like his little hut!). That way he didn't have to breathe in all those fresh paint fumes. Now we just have to put stuff back on his walls. What a project this turned out to be. I don't think we will be taping anything in the near future, until we test a little area of paint first of course! Thanks Meredith for the great inspiration for the stripes!!

9 comments:

Katie said...

Great job! I can't wait to paint stripes in Kenadie's room, but that will have to wait until Spring! :)

Kellie said...

That turned out absolutely darling! How did you do it? (Not that I need to get any wild hairs for any more projects in the near future.) Haha!! :)

Andrea said...

WOW! It turned out great!

Lisa said...

That is so stinkin cute! I have wanted to do stripes too, but I just have to find a room to do them in!

Melissa said...

That looks really awesome! I love the stripe look, it totally brings personality to a room. Great job!

J and Ris said...

That turned out great! Sorry you had to paint it twice!

Jana Banana said...

I LOVE it! I am glad the second try went so well- I want stripes now too! Great job you guys!

The Hornes said...

The stripes are so cute! They turned out great! I am glad you didn't give up after what happened in the beginning. :)

The Hood's said...

The room looks awesome you guys! I love the stripes in Meredith's house too, you are so brave to attempt it! Glad the second time went better!!