Friday, March 2, 2018

Oh, just another trip to the ER!

The week of Valentine's Day, Carson had a Valentine's Dance for Jr. High and it was combined with Walquist Jr. High in Farr West.  He was so excited to go to another dance since he had such a great time at the last one!  He was able to catch a ride there with the Wildens from our ward.  So at least he got to show up with some pretty cute girls!  He said he had fun, but the DJ didn't play the best music to really dance to, so it wasn't as much fun as the last one.  But I have heard from several people that he did a great job asking girls to dance and making it a lot of fun!  I love this kid so much!

 We had Friday off for a Teacher Comp day making our President's day weekend extra long.  The kids enjoyed the lazy Friday and played in the basement and used our workout room flooring to make a little house.  I guess who needs toys when you have puzzle piece flooring?

 After lunch, I got a call from Nick saying he had gotten his lunch stuck in his throat (a common problem for him unfortunately).  He was eating left over sloppy joe!  So I dropped the older kids off to Heather Cragun's house so they could make it to an extra ballroom rehearsal, and I took the younger kids and met him at McKay Dee's ER.  We had a LONG wait in the ER waiting to see if medicine would help relax the esophagus muscle and get the food to pass, but it didn't work, so they finally sent us up to the GI lab to get it scoped.  I grabbed food and an Ipad, but the food didn't last long and the Ipad only had 9% left on the battery, and our phones didn't have much more.  So it was a LONG wait for the little kids and myself!  I would have left and come back, but I kept thinking any minute they would come and do the scope and we could go home.  We went to the GI lab at 3:30 and by 5:30 they finally were done.  Dr. Ziegler said it was one of the most complex endoscopy he has ever done.  It took them almost 1 1/2 hours, 2 nets and 20 scopes to get all the food out!  Wow!  He was put on a liquid diet for 3 days and a soft food diet for 3 weeks, but by the following Tuesday he was eating pizza because he couldn't take it anymore!  Haha!  He is now seeing an allergist and has a barium swallow scheduled for next week to see what else can be done to avoid having this happen again.


 Luckily, besides the drugs they used to put him to sleep, Nick felt fine and was able to work the next day for overtime.  The kids and I spent the morning cleaning before catching the movie "Paddington 2".  It was a cute movie!  That night Nick and I went on a date to Zupa's since soup is on the menu there and Nick could have it!  We had church the next day and Monday on President's day, Nick and Carson had an eye appt.  The girls played with friends, and Alivia went to Tumbling.  Nick built a little bit more in the downstairs bathroom.  So it was a pretty easy going day!  And after our long day Friday at the ER, that was totally okay with me!!! 

No comments: