Sunday, October 16, 2016

Redrock Relay Park City-Race Day!

We got up super early (4:45 AM) to be to the start line by 5:30, but really made it there closer to 5:45 to check in and wait for our start time of 6:30.  Some runners started at 6.  It was cold, but the forecast showed a beautiful sunny day and it didn't disappoint.  We had fun cheering each other on over the 65 mile course.  I was supposed to run leg #3 which included two 7 mile runs.  But during my 7.5 mile run the week before, I had some pain in my left leg.  I could hardly walk the rest of the day and I was really worried about my leg holding up during the race, so Kimberly was willing to trade me legs, and we ended up running the same legs we ran last year.  I didn't run during the week and I had my sports medicine doctor tape my leg with KT Tape before I left on Friday.  (The blue tape matched my outfit perfectly)  I had two 4 mile runs instead, the 2nd mostly up a really steep hill, but it proved to be a smart decision because my leg held up great and we all rocked all of our legs that day making for an amazing race!  Here are pictures of our fun day racing as Wonder Women!  Kimberly, Rachel, Disney, Dawn, Cindy and myself made up the team!  





















No comments: