Sunday, March 13, 2016

First Ballroom Dance Competition

The last weekend in February, the oldest kids had their first Ballroom Dance Competition in Logan at Sky View High School.  They were so excited and it ended up being such a fun day!!!  I sang with some ladies at a Stake Women's Conference in Harrisville before we left that morning.  It was so fun singing with such talented ladies!  I sang with Connie starks, who is a co-director of the school choir, and then Melissa Chertudi's sister.  Melissa was sick and so she wasn't able to sing with us, which was really sad.  But it worked out and I thought we sounded great!  I got home and we loaded up in the new van and drove up to Logan for their competition.  

 They have been working since October every week at dance to get ready for this competition.  Nick said at one point, that he never ever thought he would be spending a Saturday at a Ballroom Competition.  It was funny!  It was also a lot of fun to be there with Marisa to watch Austin dance too.  The kids got all warmed up and started their competition with the Swing.  Carson and Kaylee were partners for this one.

 They did so good!  They made it through the semi final and got called to the finals where they took 3rd in their division, which was the Newcomer.  This division is for kids who have danced for less than a year.
 The most precious moment was watching them wait for their results.  They grabbed hands and were so excited when they got their award.  They were so nice to each other that whole afternoon and worked so good as a team.  I was so proud of them!


 The second dance they did was the Samba.  Kaylee partnered with Wyatt and Carson danced with Ellie.  They are the kids of their teacher, Heather Cragun.  Cute kids!  Kaylee & Wyatt took 5th and Carson took 7th.  They had a blast and they loved every minute!!!

After the competition, we ate dinner at Panda and then headed home.  It was seriously one of the funnest days we have had as a family!  I love that they have been given the opportunity to learn dance and I hope this is just the beginning of many more competitions.

No comments: