Sunday, September 18, 2011

Wonder Woman Ride 2011

Saturday, I had the best time riding with the Masherz Ladiez group in the Wonder Woman Ride in Payson, UT. I started riding with the group the beginning of the summer. I bought my road bike last summer at Masherz, and since I was pregnant, I didn't get to ride it as much as I would have liked! I was super excited to get into cycling this summer! So riding in this group made it super fun and I met the most amazing ladies! It was fun to have a big group of us sign up and participate in this ride. Jen & Nicolette drove with me to Payson yesterday and we met up with the other 6 girls from our group. I was worried it would be rainy, since that is what the forecast was and it rained most of the night before. But it was amazing weather. It was the right temp and sunny! It was such a beautiful ride and I am so glad that I did it! It was a 30 mile bike ride and it took us exactly 2 hours! Here are some fun pictures from the day.
All the girls from our riding gourp. L to R: Brittany (Me), Nicolette, Stephanie, Jodee, Chrystal, Jen, Melissa, Kristen, and Tiffany.
This was the view from about mile 17. We stopped at mile 18 for a snack/water break. It only took us 1 hour 3 minutes to go 18 miles, but the last 12 took us just under an hour...we must have been tired!
We enjoyed some fruit, but especially some oreos and peanut butter! It hit the spot!
When we finished they gave us a cute bracelet and then we had a yummy pasta lunch! It was awesome!
I can't even tell you how much fun I had! It was such a fun way to spend a Saturday morning, and I was so proud of myself for finishing the race, and finishing strong! Maybe next year I will be ready to do the 62 miler or the 100 Century ride....we'll see! I like running, but I have really learned to love cycling! It is great exercise and it has been so fun to meet new people and make good friends! I love these ladies and I can't wait to get together to ride again!

No comments: