After making tacos for dinner Nick headed off to his last day of class for his Safety & Emissions certificate and the kids and I hung out, played, and enjoyed the evening. We even played a game of memory on our new rug. The kids thought it was so fun to sit on such a soft rug! It was a full day and I am exhausted now, but it was such a GREAT day! I can't even tell you how blessed I feel to have such great kids and such a hardworking loving husband. Days like today really make me appreciate the love I feel from my Heavenly Father for all the simple blessings and things that make my daily life wonderful. It was just a good day!
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Candy and a New Rug!!!
Today was a busy day! We started out by doing some visiting teaching at 9 and then my visiting teachers came at 10. We picked Carson up from kindergarten and went home for a quick lunch. We headed out at 12:30 to go to a tour of the Sweet's Candy Factory in West Valley with Kaylee's preschool group. I took a few pictures when we got there and before I checked my camera and purse in with the front desk, or else I would have had some fun pictures of the group with our "candy maker" hats on. There were 32 of us in our group and so we split into two groups to take the tour.

We had a fun time touring the factory and got to try a very fresh raspberry chocolate stick right from the line! We also took advantage and bought some fresh candy from the store at the factory before we left. Kaylee chose taffy's, Carson chose JuJu Bunnies and I picked out Dark Chocolate covered almonds for my treat. We even picked up a box of raspberry sticks for Dad! He was happy we thought of him! We got home and I went to Melissa's house to run through some songs to sing in Sacrament meeting and the Stake RS meeting coming up, then we got home right before dad got home from work. Then shortly after that, Nate from the carpet store brought us our new rug for our family room. We had a white colored rug before, which worked great, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't keep it clean and the spots would just reappear. So we decided it was time for a new rug that was a bit darker. This is what it was before and after the new rug.


I was glad Nick was home so we didn't have to wait to put the new rug down. We have learned that the best way to get a rug is to go to a carpet store, find a remnant or extra carpet and have them bind it to the exact size you need. It is actually cheaper than any rug I could find at the store or online. And we ordered a thin pad to put underneath so it is really soft and comfy. We are very happy with it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a great day. And good job accomplishing all that being over 30 weeks along. It's gets more tiring and uncomfortable by then.
Love the new rug, it looks great! And I love that Carson is showing it off, just like the girls on the Price is Right! Lol! :)
Post a Comment