Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter & General Conference!

We had such a wonderful weekend! We got up early on Sunday and the kids found their Easter baskets in the front room. With the baskets, they had socks, new pj's, umbrella, and a puzzle board. I think they were pretty excited when they realized what they got!
I think these umbrellas will come in handy, not just with all the rain we have had, but also to keep the sun off of them during the summer!
After we played for a bit with the new toys, I finished baking the conference cakes I had made earlier that morning. These have been a tradition in my family since I can remember. I think it started with my Mom's side of the family. All of my cousins made a comment about their conference cakes on Facebook. It is hard to explain what they are so you just have to have them to realize how yummy they are. They are like a sweet roll dough, with a belly button full of butter and brown sugar. Then you dip them into REAL whipped cream and hot cocoa. They are SO good!!
One thing Kaylee also got for Easter was a new swimsuit to take on our vacation to California. We tried it on her and she insisted on wearing it for a while....at least a few hours until Matt & Natalie showed up.
Since the weather didn't cooperate with us, Matt & Nick hid some eggs downstairs and we had the kids do an Easter egg hunt between conference sessions. Can you find the GOLDEN egg in this picture?
Kaylee got the Golden Egg, with some help from Aunt Nana. Here are the kids with their finds! Carson loved his new pajamas so much, that he wore them ALL day!!!
After the afternoon session of Conference, we had dinner. BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Macaroni Salad, chips, and strawberry short cake for dessert. It was yummy!!!! But a lot of work, I think we everything we made that day, I did 3 loads of dishes in the dishwasher!
We were so happy to have our family there with us, including Uncle Chris and Hallie!!!!
I was cuddling with my niece Hallie and having a blast, until she decided to spit up all over the front of me. Gross!!! But, hey at least she is still smiling, right??

The whole weekend was wonderful. I love that it was General Conference AND Easter! What a blessing we have to have the gospel in our lives and to know that full affect of the atonement! There were some great talks that I really need and want to apply to my life. It also made me so grateful for my family and for the love we share!!

1 comment:

Matt, Nat, Hallie & Gracelyn said...

We had a great time to and as always you guys are great hosts. I can't wait to see the pics I am really excited.