Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day to day.....

Last week was spring break for Carson. We didn't have anything huge planned so it was just normal day to day stuff that kept us busy. We played with a few friends, enjoyed the wet weather and the warm weather, and had the chance to babysit our niece Hallie. On Thursday, Matt and Natalie dropped her off while they went to the temple. It was weird having three kids to watch (Nick was gone to a class). But we managed to do dishes, bake cookies, and get them all ready for bed. Of course, I did have some great helpers! Carson asked me if he could feed Hallie by himself, so I helped him get started and he did great!!! Even Kaylee wanted to help!
Both of my kids are getting so big, it amazes me!!! Kaylee is quite the independent little girl. She insists on always trying to dress herself. I say trying, because after a few minutes of trying she gets frustrated that she can't get her socks on and finally asks for help. But she does it every time!!! She insists on eating at the table for breakfast, instead of the bar. (Hey, better than the couch, right?!?) She loves nursery, and every week I pick her up the teacher tells me how much they enjoy watching Kaylee during singing time. I guess she gets pretty animated with her actions to the songs! She loves to sing and is constantly singing the abc's or twinkle twinkle. After we put her to bed and close the door, we can hear her singing in her room before she goes to sleep. It is the cutest thing! She also will throw a FIT if she doesn't get her way. She spends quite a bit of time in 'time-out' for throwing fits. I hope this doesn't last long because she is really driving me crazy!! She is such a happy girl, yet can turn into a little stinker right before my eyes!!! Maybe it is just a girl thing!!! (My mom says she takes after me!) But we still love you Kaylee!!!
Then there is Carson! Oh, how I am enjoying this age!!! He is such a sweet heart to me and to our family. He is the biggest helper and is always asking me if he can help me do something. Like yesterday he asked if the garbage needed to be taken out and this morning while I was cleaning my bathroom, he asked if he could clean his toilet in his bathroom. So of course I said yes, and with my supervision, he cleaned it all by himself. He also loves to do things for us 'without being asked' and then points out to us that he did it. I can see how proud of himself he is when he knows he is being good or listening to what I asked him to do. I really hope this trend continues with him. He really is getting so smart with his letters and is improving so much on his writing skills. We have been working really hard with flash cards and marker boards to help him with his letters and writing. The school district will be evaluating Carson soon on his speech and other academic skills to give us an indication on if he will be ready for Kindergarten this fall or not. Since he is a July baby, we are hesitant on sending him to school this fall since he will be the youngest in his class. There are days I think he is totally ready for kindergarten, and other days I realize how nice it would be if he were the oldest in his class and the perks of waiting to send him to school. I know this is going to be one of the hardest decisions we are going to have to make for him. I just wish we knew what we are supposed to do!
It has been fun having Carson home all week, but he was very ready to go back to school yesterday. And I can tell it had been awhile since we had school, since neither of us remembered that he had show n' tell on Monday! Oops, I guess there's always next week! Do you recognize the kids under the hats????
You guessed it.....
The kids tried on their hats they got from their Easter baskets! I think it will be a great way to keep the sun off of them this summer! I wish I would have made them wear them last Saturday. My mom and dad came down to SLC to watch Chris run for UVU at a track meet. They took the kids with them while I went and helped Nick clean out a rental house of ours in Garland. We put suncreen on the kids before they left but their ears and hair parts got a little red!!! But they had a blast spending the day with Gma & Gpa!!! They liked watching the pole vaulting a lot! And they had fun rolling down hills! We all met back up in Tremonton and headed back home late Saturday night. We were all exhausted!!! But still made it to church on Sunday and then spent the afternoon with Uncle Ryan afterwards. It was fun to have him over for dinner and to hang out with.
We have a few exciting things coming up soon. First is my Half Marathon on Saturday. I ran 11 miles on Saturday and it felt pretty good so I feel like I have trained well and I am really excited to run 13.1 miles!!! I think it will be hard, fun, and something I will probably never do again!! Don't get me wrong, I have really liked running, but it has been so hard trying to find the time to get my runs in every day and find people to watch my kids. I am so grateful to have such great friends who have helped me out the past 15 weeks while I have trained. I have run 5 to 6 times a week for the past 3 1/2 months! So it will be nice to do something different for awhile!
Second, we leave for California next Thursday! We can't wait!!! I have checked out books and dvd's from the library to get the kids all geared up and excited to go to Disneyland! Each day I think I get more and more excited to go!!! I just hope it is good weather while we are there and it isn't too busy. Is that too much to ask when you go on vacation??

No comments: