Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wheat & Beet Days

Friday kids and I headed north to Tremonton to visit my Mom and Dad and enjoy the annual Garland City Wheat & Beet Days! Since Nick had to work Saturday, he didn't come with us. I remember ever since I was little being involved someway in the Wheat & Beet Days! My mom started a Children's Community Theater, in which I was in every year until I was too old. We did plays like "Alice in Wonderland", "Benjamin's Bottle" and many more! In fact, just a few weeks after Carson was born, one of his first outings was up to the Children's play, "Tom Sawyer". So it was fun to make it up there again this year to watch "Pirates of Penzance". On Saturday morning, I got up early to run the Wheat & Beet 5K. It was pretty fun, considering I decided to run it just the night before! I ran it in 27 Min 01 Sec. (That is better than my previous time of 27 Min 55 Sec, when I ran the WX Memorial Day 5k.) I even won 3rd place for the female age 19-29 division. I got a cool medal and all!!! Then we ate at the Garland City Breakfast, and headed to main street to watch the parade. We had so much candy thrown at us, that we eventually started leaving in the road, and before we left, finally picked it all up! Here are some fun pictures from the weekend...
I love this picture!! Kaylee finally realized she wanted to just sit and watch....and eat candy! This is the "Don't you dare think about taking this candy away from me" look!

I had Carson help me take a picture of my medal I won at the 5k. He is learning quite well how to run our big camera! I might regret showing him how to use it, but as long as he is being supervised he does great!
To help keep the kids cool we put the sprinkler under the trampoline at my moms house and let them jump. They both thought it was so fun!!



We had yummy food, good treats, and great entertainment this past weekend! We even got home in time last night to see Grandma Karen and Papa Bear, and to wish Karen a Happy Birthday! Thanks mom and dad for letting us play with you this weekend! It was great!

No comments: