Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Katie & Jana!

It is so fun that two of my great friends share the same birthday! It is always a good time when we get together every year! This year was especially fun, since we did a girls day out!! It all started by convincing our husbands or family to watch our children for us so we could go to Good Things Utah (aka as GTU). It is a local show put on by Channel 4. It is basically the Utah version of 'The View'. It was fun to go to the live show at the studio, and seeing how it works behind the scenes. We got there about 15 min before it started at 10:00. It was kinda funny waiting in between the two front doors until someone was able to escort us into the studio. I guess you had to be there!
Oh, I wanted to share this picture I took today of Jana talking on her cool new birthday present she got from Ike...but Shhhh....don't tell him she used it! lol!
Melissa, Myself, Katie, Lindsey, and Jana....heading into the ABC4 studios.

Chillin' out on the cool studio audience bleachers! They even gave us little ABC4 Logo Bleacher cushions to use for the hour, which I thought was funny at first, but about 25 minutes into it, I realized how needed they were!
So I love this picture of Jana and Doug....Ike would be so jealous....He loves DOUG!!
Me & The Birthday Girls on the set of GTU!

It was so fun to talk to the cast of GTU, they are the nicest ladies! And they are even prettier in person! Nicea gave us some good info on what dish to order at the Cheesecake factory (which is where we headed for lunch afterwards). The GTU ladies L to R: Nicea, Angie, Marti, and Reagan. Super fun to see them!!!
Our yummy lunch at the Cheesecake Factory! I had never eaten there, and it was good!! The atmosphere was fantastic and the company even better! I think we all threw our diets out the window today! We just couldn't pass up dessert!!
See what I mean? Can you say C H O C O L A T E ?????


The birthday girls finally got their cool birthday plate decorated cheesecake, after one failed attempt by the staff to come and sing to them, since Jana was currently unavailable.....in the ladies room! :)
Today was so fun! I couldn't ask for better friends, and I am glad they let us group of gals share their day with them. We missed all of you who couldn't come, but I think this would be a fun thing to repeat once in a while, so hopefully next time more of our friends can come! Happy Bday Katie & Jana!!!!!!
So one more thing I wanted to share. My brother Matt and his wonderful wife Natalie came back from Las Vegas this morning....(Thanks Nick for staying home with the kids and picking them up from the airport so I could go play with the girls today!) And they brought back these shirts for Kaylee and Carson. I just laughed when I saw them, cause if you know Matt & Natalie at all, they do a pretty good job of spoiling our kids! (Just so you know, Nana is what Carson calls Natalie).
Thanks again Matt & Nat for thinking of our children! You ARE the best!!!

8 comments:

The Hornes said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I wish I could have been there.

Jana Banana said...

Thanks Brittany! I had probably the best birthday ever! Thanks for coming and making it so fun! I love the pictures- I want copies as soon as you can!

btw...Ike was sooo jealous of me and my Dougy!

Melissa said...

Personally I liked Jana next to the Ellen Degeneres picture better then Kevin James. LOL! I guess we'll keep that one to ourselves.

Jen said...

What a blast! Isn't it great to have friends like that?!

The Hood's said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I want that chocolate cake! Sorry I missed it!

Lifes Great Adventures said...

It looks like you guys had a fun time, I love girl days! I am jeolous you went to the Cheesecake factory! Me and my mom went to one in Chicago, but I haven't managed to make it to the one in SLC.
Destiny

Holt's in da House said...

Sounds like fun Ladies! I hope the cheesecake didn't make you ill. Too rich for me... LOL

Caprice Erickson said...

What a fun bday! So, sorry I didn't call you today about dinner sunday but, we are heading to Vegas Monday and it has been a crazy weekend so, I don't think we can swing it this time but, thank you sooo much for thinking of us ;) also my mom said she saw you on GTU how fun!!