Eight Years!!!
A few days ago, Nick and I were discussing what day it was exactly eight years ago that we met on a Sunday evening in March. Nick did a little investigating today and found out it WAS March 26, 2000. I had driven up to Provo from Price with his sister to go visit my cousin, and we stopped in at Nick's appt that he lived in with his other brother Ryan. Tamra, his sister, wanted me to meet Ryan, since he was single, so I thought it could be fun! When I knocked on the door, I can remember this moment like it was yesterday, cause Nick opened the door and said "Hi, how are you?" I was so excited to see such a cute guy open the door! I was hoping it was Ryan, but was dissapointed to find out it wasnt, since I was told that Nick had a girlfriend! We talked for hours that night, and went out to dinner the next night with a group of people, and by Wed night he had made it down to Price to "visit his sister" but spent all of the time with me!! (So obviously it didn't take long for him to break up with his current girlfriend). The rest is history. This picture is from our Wedding announcement. I couldn't find a picture of us from when we were dating on such short notice, since I wanted to post this today to mark the 8 year anniversary. That sounds like such a long time ago, but I still have very vivid memories of that last 8 years and all that we have been through and have accomplished. To sum up some of the best things that we have accomplished and that have experienced in the last 8 years here is a small list of the top ten:10. Going to Disneyland for our 4th anniversary.9. Buying our first home in Magna, UT in 2001.8. Building our home in Woods Cross, UT in 2004.7. Nick graduating from college. (Twice)6. Getting involved in Real Estate Investing and flipping houses together!5. Nick getting a job at Hill AFB (an actual career!)4. Brittany quitting her job, and staying home with our children full time!3. Getting engaged, and married November 10, 2000.2. Getting sealed in the Salt Lake Temple, July 20, 2002.1. The birth of our Son Carson and our Daughter Kaylee. We love you!!!I don't think 8 years ago on that night we met, we could imagine what the future would hold for us, and now how wonderful and blessed our lives are today. We love having our two children, and can't imagine our lives without them! We love where we live, and love our neighbors and great friends! Our families have grown with our siblings getting married and having kids of their own! It has just been so fun to see how things have changed that way in the last 8 years. Missions, Weddings, and even funerals have been included in the last 8 years. I am sure that there will be even more important things that will happen in the next 8 years, and we can't wait to see where we will be at that time!
3 comments:
Wow! Time has a way of flying by, doesn't it?! You and Nick are so cute together! I've always enjoyed our visits together, as Nick has always been a very down-to-earth guy! I'm so happy for you guys! Congrats!
I remember some of that Price time. Happy 8 years.
Holy Cow! Time fly by so fast, especailly now that we have kids and are married. Your family is so cute.
Post a Comment