Sunday, April 22, 2018

Family Fun Week

Preston is quite a picky eater and mostly eats chicken nuggets, apples, ham and string cheese.  For breakfast he normally eats chocolate milk and toast, but occasionally will have eggs.  The other night it was late and we had such a busy night, that he didn't really eat dinner, so I convinced him to have cereal, with milk!  He has never had it before and the only cereal he has eaten is usually dry.   He loved it!  And I was so happy he loved it because that gives us one more meal he is willing to eat!  This week at school was Family Fun Week.  During the week, we had assigned days where we could have lunch with our kids.  Monday, I was able to eat with Alivia and Kaylee!  It is fun to spend lunch with them!  I have also been at the school at lunch every day for choir dance practices!  So fun!!

 Monday, was a little rough for Preston.  He can be a little demanding and when he wants to leave the school, he gets very upset and will be very rude to me and throw a fit, even if I am not able to leave.  He was acting like this after church Sunday, and while I was talking to other Adults, was very rude and mean to me.  So after lunch on Monday and after him having an absolute meltdown at the school, he spent some time in his room.  No electronics.  I found him there asleep when I went to check on him.  I had noticed the swat uniform he was wearing, which showed he was trying to find ways to entertain himself.  He is slowly learning that he cannot act like a crazy person and get what he wants.  He also needs to learn that I am the boss, not him.  I love Preston to pieces, but some days he really pushes my buttons! 
 Luckily, his nap made him a lot happier so when we attended the family dance party at the school that night, he was happy to join in the fun!  The kids loved every minute of it and all of them danced the night away!   Even Nick had to get in on the action for one of the dances!


 Tuesday was a busy day!  Choir, Piano lessons, dance and young men usually make it busy, but we got a fun surprise visit from Grandma and Papa!  So the kids enjoyed being with them after school in between activities.  Carson was also able to do baptisms for the dead after school that day.  They were up visiting Grandma Pace so we took advantage of it and celebrated Papa's birthday a few days early with some ice cream before bed time! 

The family fun week continued with Picnic in the Park on Thursday, which the kids stopped by after soccer practice and a bike ride to Lee's with the McConkies.  We couldn't say long since Kaylee had soccer practice at 6:30.  It was a fun week!

No comments: