Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

We woke up to snow on Thanksgiving morning!!  It was such a fun thing!  The kids didn't waste any time playing in it!  Poor Kaylee though, on Wednesday morning she woke up saying her throat hurt, but didn't have any other symptoms.  By the time I got home from grocery shopping that evening, she was burning up with a super high fever.  We decided we should take her to the kids care that evening since the next day was Thanksgiving and if she got worse we would have to go to the ER, so we called and they said to bring her in.  We got there at 5 and after almost an hour wait, we finally made it back with the doctor and it didn't take long for them to diagnose her with strep.  I was thankful it was at least something they could treat with an antibiotic.  So we picked up her Rx on our way out and made it home before the snow really started falling.  It snowed on and off and made for a beautiful Thanksgiving morning!  





 After two doses of her medicine, Kaylee was feeling a lot better, but she was sad we still wouldn't let her play in the snow!  We got all ready for dinner by setting the table and getting a chocolate pie made!

 Matt & Natalie picked up KFC on their way to our house and we enjoyed that for our dinner!  I did make some stuffing to go with it and home made rolls.  It was delicious and the cooking and clean up were a breeze!



 After dinner, Matt & Nick worked on the downstairs rooms and the kids played.  Preston even got in a nap!
 Of course we had pie!  Chocolate and Pumpkin!


 It was a fun day!  The next day, I finally told Kaylee should could play outside.  It was so cold though (like low 20's) that they didn't stay out very long.  Nick and Carson spent most of Friday helping Matt up at his house.  They are getting really close to getting it finished!
 Friday night, we had leftovers and then got the trees decorated.  The kids did a great job decorating the family room tree pretty much by themselves.  It was awesome.
 Saturday, I hosted a baby shower for a cute friend from High School, Haylie Norr Evans.  Due to the snow, it made it a little tricky for every one to come, but we had fun catching up with those who did come!  Julie was the one who put it all together, and asked if I could host it at my house since that was a great middle place to meet.  Pictured L to R:  Desi, Julie, Haylie, Triscia, and Me.  I hope to see them all more often!
The rest of our Saturday was spent working on the basement, catching up on blogging, and playing.  Kaylee went to a friends house, and we let Carson babysit while Nick and I went out with Dan & Brittany to Cafe Rio for dinner.  Then we all came back to our house and watched 'Unbroken'.  It was a good movie!  I love long weekends we can sleep in, play and not worry about school or work.  Back to the grind tomorrow!

No comments: