April is going by WAY TOO FAST!!! I have been horrible at posting the past few weeks because it has just been crazy around here. We have been busy with every day activities! Let me update you on all the kids. Carson: He is loving first grade and it is hard to believe that the school year is almost over. He is doing great with his reading and is still getting 100% on all of his spelling tests. He is such an early riser, so morning is when we do all of his homework, spelling and piano practicing. He finished piano level two weeks ago and was excited to get his level two books last week. They are quite a bit harder and we have struggled a little bit with his practicing because he gets overwhelmed and wants to quit, but by the end of a week of practicing he is doing great and he just makes me SO proud! He is just such a good little boy and I love seeing how he is growing and learning. He has been riding his bike to school the past few days with the warmer weather and he loves it. He is so good to always give me a big hug before he leaves and when he first comes home from school. It makes me feel so good. I hope he keeps that habit as he gets older! Kaylee: She is loving being 4 and has mentioned already what she wants for her 5th Birthday Party. She is still taking singing/dancing with Performance Academy and they are getting ready for their June Recital. I love hearing her sing all the different songs she is learning. I can't wait to see her perform! She has loved having the warm weather this past week and I finally let her wear her new swimming suit outside to play with Alivia's water table. She paints almost every day and loves to write letters. Sometimes she actually spells a word, but it is mostly just random. She loves to write the names of our whole family. And I think she can spell all of them without any help! She is so smart!
Alivia: SHE IS WALKING!! Like totally walking. It is fun! She has found a new freedom now that she can walk! We also don't have to have the gate up anymore since she knows how to go down and up the stairs pretty good. She loves to be outside and just cries when I make her come in. She also loves taking a bath. Whenever I go in the bathroom with her, she starts grabbing at her clothes thinking she gets to get in the tub. It is so funny! She is sleeping all through the night and still takes two naps a day. She is getting so fun and has such a fun personality. She has learned how to tease and she also can understand most of what I say to her, especially when I tell her NO or DON'T. She has a really fake cry that she does when I tell her no and she whimpers a bit, and it just makes me laugh. The hardest thing about the two girls and that Kaylee never leaves Livy alone and so Livy gets really annoyed by her and will hit her and scream at her. I guess it's a sister thing. With our day to day stuff going on and with me not always having the most energy because of being pregnant, we have been going to bed early and the last thing I have even thought about is taking pictures or blogging. So I have been a slacker, but promise to try harder. This pregnancy has been a bit harder because of how tired I have felt and the different pains and pressures I am already experiencing. I was really nauseous at the beginning so my Dr. gave me a medicine that is a B6 compound that has really helped me feel better, but at the same time it also makes me want to eat everything. And I don't just want healthy food....I want chocolate and anything cheesy! I seriously could eat a half a pan of brownies by myself. I stopped taking it about 4 days ago, and I can handle the little bit of nausea now and I have my normal appetite back. So I am hoping it will stay that way from now on. I have felt the baby move the past week and it is so fun. I love when not only I can feel the baby, but when Nick and the kids can too! It just makes me excited to have this baby!
So the past week....where do I start. On Friday afternoon, Nick took the two older kids to Holden for Papa's Birthday. We decided it would be best for Me and Livy to stay home since they would be doing tons of work on the farm and it would be easier for us to be home. They had a great time! They took down a deer head of Papa's they had finished as part of his Birthday gift. It turned out really cool. They were home late Saturday night, but had a ton of fun the short time they were gone.
They loved being on the farm and helping feed the cows. They spent they day riding four wheelers, riding bikes, and playing with their cousins. The weather was beautiful and Carson got a little sun, but he didn't seem to mind. Nick took our old camera with him (I broke our small camera when I dropped it right before they left) and I thought it had more memory but he was only able to take a few pictures before the memory card was full. But you can tell what kind of fun they had!
They enjoyed a yummy bbq dinner and cake with home made ice cream while they were there too. It was fun to hear them tell me all about their weekend. So that brings us to this week. It started out fantastic! Monday and Tuesday were beautiful hot weather and we spent most of the days outside playing, doing yard work, and hanging out with our neighbors. I took the girls to the park Monday for lunch and play time with a few friends. It was just SO awesome. It makes me excited for summertime! By Tuesday night, I wasn't feeling very well, and I knew Kaylee wasn't feeling well, because her nose was so stuffy and runny all day. I had made an appt earlier for the ENT on Wed for her, because I had a feeling she had an ear infection again. Let me explain, about 3 weeks ago, Kaylee had a bad cold and we took her in and found out she had an ear infection. A few days later, Alivia was sick and we took her to the Dr and found out she had an ear infection too. A few days after that, Carson had one. So it was crazy...all three kids on antibiotics and sick. But we survived and we thought we had made it through. BUT....then Kaylee started getting a cold again. I had bought an ear scope during all of this so I could help figure out if they had an ear infection, and I checked her ears and sure enough, they looked red again. So Wednesday, I took her in to see Dr. Skedros and he confirmed what I thought. An ear infection. While I was there, I had him look in Livy's ears since she started showing signs of a cold again too. And she also had fluid in her ears and an infection. So I left the Dr's with two Rx's for the girls. Tuesday night and Wednesday night Carson came up in the middle of the night complaining of feeling sick and having an ear ache. So I got him in to the Dr today and his left ear has an infection. SO...now all three kids are on antibiotics. And I during all of this the past few days, I have been suffering from a horrible head cold, which I know believe is probably a sinus infection. So I am hoping tomorrow I can get into my Dr and see if there is anything I can do to feel better. I have hardly slept the past two nights and I think we have gone through at least 3 boxes of kleenexes the past 2 days! We have a humidifier running constantly and I am just hoping that we can get through this and be done. However, I think Kaylee will end up having to have a set of tubes and her adnoids out. Which might be a good thing, but it something I was hoping to avoid with both the girls. So wish us luck! I am sure there are a million more things I thought about blogging about or fun and important things that I should blog about, but my mommy brain has a hard time always remembering if I don't right it down right away. I guess it won't get any easier when we have more kids, but it will sure be fun!
1 comment:
I hope this is not totally weird but I don't really know you but I you went to school with Rick Anderson (my husband) and he showed me your blog...which I love reading and think we could be good friends in real life! Anyway, I was reading about all the ear infections you have had with the kids lately and we were having the same problem so I did a little research and found there is a natural oil called "ear oil" it can be found at a health food store.....it has worked wonders for our family. When I suspect one of the kids has an ear infection coming on I put the drops in and continue a few times a day for a few days and they clear up on their own without antibotics. It might be worth looking into especially for Kaylee-she might be able to avoid the tubes. Feel free to email me about it.
smileverday@yahoo.com
Post a Comment