Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Fun

The past couple of days have been crazy and fun for our family. With my BOTS Easter Concert on Friday, I was gone quite a bit for practice this week, but we still found time to get ready for easter by coloring easter eggs Thursday night with the Yospe's. Without doing it on purpose, we have gotten together the past 3 years as families and have colored easter eggs together. I guess we can't stop that tradition now! It was also fun to have Uncle Chris there to help us out. Jana, Chris and I even went for a run afterwards...which I am sure was just a little jog for Chris!!! Kaylee had fun eating and playing with the stickers that come with the dye kit...
Luke and Carson had fun coloring and drawing on the eggs...and Ike is a pretty creative artist as well!! I think he really likes this kind of thing!
I didn't color very many easter eggs myself, but I sure enjoyed the egg salad sandwhich I had today for lunch!
Today we went to the Woods Cross Elementary School for an "Egg"stravaganza. It was pretty fun. It sprinkled a bit, but it didn't stop us from getting in on the Egg Hunt action.
Kaylee was pretty content waiting to get in, snacking on the cheese and crackers...or at least the package...whatever keeps them happy right?Before the hunt.....oh the anticipation....

We did get Kaylee to let go of her craker package long enough to get some eggs. I thought it went well, they did a three egg rule, which meant, that the kids would go out, get three eggs and come back. Then once they made sure everyone got eggs, they let them back out to get what they could.
Kaylee thought it was so fun to hold her bucket, and she loved the sound the eggs made when she ran! Inside the school, they had lots of carnival games, and Carson even got a bunny tatoo on his hand! We also got a chance to meet the Easter Bunny.....of course Kaylee didn't want to sit on his lap, she was content just looking at him!
Carson & Kaylee want to wish you all a HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!
Thanks again for all my family & friends who came to the BOTS Easter concert last night. It meant so much to me to have your support!!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

That looks like a riot! Kids are so fun with these types of things! Happy Easter to you and your family! Love ya!! :)

The Hood's said...

Looks like fun! The pantry looks great... and thanks for the boxes!

Stephers said...

Sounds like a fun filled day. Love the new pantry as well, so nice to have that extra space I am sure :)