Monday, July 14, 2008

The Great Outdoors...

On Saturday, Nick decided to set the tent up in the backyard for him and Carson to sleep in. He has been wanting to do this for awhile now and I don't know who was more excited, Nick or Carson! Our goal is to eventually go camping in the forest or somewhere not so close to civilization, but until we get a weekend when Nick isn't working, this will have to do!! I thought they would have made it the whole night, but at 4:30 AM, Carson woke dad up and told him, 'Out Dad....Out....Inside, Dad, Inside...' So they both came inside and went back to sleep in their comfortable beds. So they ALMOST made it the whole night, but it was enough to let the two boys enjoy the tent, and get Carson used to the idea of camping! I remember when I was little, we would set the tent up all the time in the backyard and sleep outside. We even slept on the tramp or under the tramp, probably every night of summer our parents would allow us!

1 comment:

J and Ris said...

We totally put our tent up on Friday night since J was gone to scout camp! The kids and I roasted smores and they had dustin and coltin over. Everyone but Mayci and I slept in the tent! They talked all night- kinda like what we used to do! Glad Carson had a fun b-day party. Sorry we aren't closer to come to things like that!