Monday, July 14, 2008

Swim Lessons


I was so excited this morning, cause today Carson started his swim lessons! I wasn't sure how well he would do with them, but I was hoping he wouldn't have any issues with getting in the water WITHOUT me....well, I was a thinking everything would be great when we first got there, and he started following the teacher into the water....BUT, then he realized I wasn't right behind him getting in the water, so he headed back OUT of the water and refused to get in without me! So we watched the class for a five or so minutes until I finally convinced him to at least sit on the edge of the pool and watch...then slowly he warmed up to the idea of getting all the way in the water and joining the class. He enjoyed the last 7-10 minutes of the 25 minute class and didn't even want to get out of the water when it was over. I am hoping that tomorrow will be better, and that he will jump right in!!! His lessons last for two weeks and I am sure by the time they are over, he will be great in the water!! I took these fun pictures so I could share with Nick his first day of class, and since tomorrow is Carson's bday, Nick is going to take work off, and spend the day with us, and he'll get to go to the swim lessons with us! Yeah!! What a fun day we will have tomorrow!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I had the same issue with Jayden last year, except he sat on the edge of the pool probably the whole first week. It was really annoying. I'm hoping this year his lessons will be more worth the money spent on them. Good luck with Carson!

Michele said...

i had no idea everyone in the ward practically has a blog. i saw yours from camilles. fun to see what you guys are up to, even though we just live down the street!

Andrea said...

You're right -- I'm sure he'll do better tomorrow. You're a great mom for signing him up for swim lessons. He'll thank you someday.