Sunday, February 28, 2016

President's Day Week

For President's Day, we spent the morning in South Jordan at a Endocrinologist appointment for Kayele.  Her doctor recommend we see this doctor and establish Kaylee as a patient with Dr. Swinyard so she can see him in Ogden when he comes here.  She will need to see him regularly to make sure she is growing like she should and her thyroid levels are where they need to be.  On our way home, we stopped at Ikea and did a little shopping for some house organization!  We had fun trying out all the furniture.  We just slowly strolled through the store and enjoyed it!  The weather has started to warm up and the kids have loved being outside, but man it is muddy!!!!!  Can't wait to get our yard in!


We had a busy week of preschool, school, dance, and a trip to the hospital to get Kaylee's blood drawn and an xray of her hand for charting her growth.

 When we got home, the kids set up camp in the driveway and enjoyed the rest of the day until the sun went down.  They are so funny!
 Carson spent one evening putting down the new flooring for my workout room.  It looks great!  Now I just need to hook up the dvd player to the tv and we will be in business!
 On Thursday, I was dropping off Aliva, Sawyer and Mercedez to Preschool and it had been snowing for a bit.  It was slick and it made us a little late for Preschool, but we made it there 5 minutes late.  I pulled up and noticed a truck in the driveway, but figured it was someone there for something else, since there is a strict policy on how to drop off the kids.  I pulled up as far as I could and still let the kids out in the driveway, thinking I wouldn't be in the trucks way, especially because if he needed to leave, he could wait the 1 minute it takes to drop off the kids.  I had just opened the door to let Livy out when the white backup lights on the truck lit up.  I thought that was his way of telling me he was ready to back up and leave, so I thought ok, I will just hurry and get the kids out and then go.  But before I knew it, he started backing up, so I grabbed Livy out of the way and he just kept going even though I was trying to tell him to stop and another mom behind me was honking her horn.  He hit the back of my van as the other two kids were trying to get out.  Preston was still in the van and later told me "I hate that guy!".  Haha!  He got out of the truck and started apologizing and I gave him an ear full about him almost hitting the kids and how he wasn't supposed to be in the driveway to begin with.  He thought he was late and was the only one there.  There was 3 of us moms that were late because of the snow.  Long story short, I took my van in for a quote repair and his insurance took responsibility so we actually ended up just taking a payout for the damages, since our van is barely worth more than what it would cost to fix it!  It made for a crazy day!  I had to rush over to the school right after it had happened for Carson's maturation program.  On top of that, I had spent time doing my hair that morning, but it had snowed during the whole ordeal and my hair got totally wet and ruined!!!
 I pulled my hair back and kept going!  That night, we hosted another thrive party at our house and had some yummy taco soup!  It was good.
 And finally some more pictures of our crazy life every morning...even including swimming suits.


No comments: