Sunday, January 4, 2015

The rest of our break!

So we got through Christmas, the wedding, and New Year's Eve.  The rest of our break has been just chillin' mostly at home.  We got Christmas put away and have just enjoyed playing with friends and with our new toys.  If Preston isn't playing with his toys you can find him playing with my shoes in my closet.  I constantly find him putting on my shoes (and Livy's) and walking around the house.  I think he likes the noise they make.  He is such a funny kid!  Between that and wearing qtips in his ears he keeps us all entertained!


I got to slip away for a bit on Friday to take my good friend Jen out to lunch for her bday.  We enjoyed some Smokin' Bones.  I just love her to pieces!  Her and I have so much in common and think alike so much it is scary!  We even had the same wedding dress, if that doesn't tell you how much alike we are.  I could spend hours a day talking with her and so it was fun to get a chance to just hang out, without kids!
 On Saturday, I got up early and went to a running class with my friend Dawn at City Creek.  Her husband was awesome and watched all the kids so we could go since Nick was working.  After he got home from work, we headed to Orem to see Chris and Krissy's new place and take them dinner.  We had a fun time, but didn't stay too long because Preston was a maniac!  We did enjoy a game and some Oreos Krissy had made before heading home.


 We stopped on the way home and bought Carson some basketball shoes.  I think he will be ready for his first game on Wednesday.  This year we have early church at 9 AM.  Even though it is early, I really like having the rest of the day to be home.  We did a combined singing/sharing time to help preview all the program songs for the year.  It went great.  After church I was able to make invites for the Baptism Preview and the Priesthood Preview and also started on making the CTR towels for the kids that are getting baptized this year.  There are 17 of them, and I got 6 made today.  It may take a few more Sundays to get them all finished.
As fun as our Christmas Break has been, I am so ready for the kids to go back to school and get back into our normal routine!  So I better head to bed so I could get up early!

No comments: