Saturday, November 19, 2011

Breaking Dawn

It has been a busy week, like normal, and with Carson having early out all week, it just made it even crazier! We went to his SEP conference on Monday, and got a great report! He is doing well in all areas. Mrs. Thompson said he is one of her favorite students in the class and he is always very well behaved and gives 110% on EVERYTHING he does. He needs to work on his writing and reading, but overall he is doing wonderful! Since the Bells concert was this week, they didn't need substitutes there, so I didn't have to go to bell rehearsal on Wednesday, which worked out great since Kaylee had a recording session for her Performance group she is in. It was up in Kaysville and they had to record some vocal background tracks for their upcoming performances. I dropped her off and did some reading until she was done. It was fun and she was so excited to tell me about how she got to wear earphones and sing. It was cute! On Thursday I was lucky enough to go out to dinner with some friends and then meet up with my mom to see Breaking Dawn. We were lucky enough to go to a 9 PM early showing, so we could see it before it really came out at midnight. (I don't think I could have stayed up that late!). I really enjoyed the movie and I am bummed we have to wait a whole year before the 2nd part comes out!
Kaylee had school this week and made some really fun crafts. First is her Pilgrim hat and then she made an Indian hat the next day. They were cute!
On Friday, Nick and I had a fun date night with dinner and the Bells Concert. We went to sizzler, since we had a coupon, and we love that place, especially the cheese toast. I ordered my steak well done, and it came back very pink and with a lot of fat on it. I asked the waitress if they could cook a bit more, then she also noticed how fat it was so she just got me a new steak. I was happy with that, but the manager I guess wanted to make sure we were satisfied, so we got a plate of shrimp out of it and $10 certificate for our next visit. Nice! All I wanted was a steak that wasn't still mooing, but we got that plus more! It was a good week for the most part, minus the small part of me scratching a good section of the side of the van on a pole while driving into a car wash. Ugh!!! I guess we will put that on our list of things that need to be repaired! Isn't there always something! We are getting excited for Thanksgiving, but it makes me realize that means Christmas is also coming and I don't have as much shopping done and ideas for presents as I would like, so I better get to it! But I love this time of year....it is the best!

No comments: