Thursday, October 28, 2010

EQ Halloween Party!

Last night we attended the 1st annual Elders Quorum Party for our ward. We all got dressed up in costumes. Here is our Little Princess and Ninja!
They had lots of activities to do, including eating donuts. However, you had to eat them from a string suspended in the air. It made for an interesting snack! (Do you like my costume? I was a flapper girl. Nick and I went to Kmart a few hours before the party looking for our costumes since they had them for 50% off. We managed to find a few costumes that would work great for what we needed! )
I thought Nick's costume was awesome! And he was really excited to wear it too!!! It is a bull rider and bull. Clever, huh? (It has a blower fan attached to the belt and it runs on batteries!).
The kids made bubbles and 'goop'. And they even had a pumpkin carving contest! Carson's pumpkin made it into the top 6, but I think that they needed a pumpkin to help represent the 'normal' pumpkin category!
There was a great turn out and it was so fun to see everyone dressed up, except for a few adults who were 'too cool' to dress up. JK! It was held at Paces Gym, which is a family who has this awesome gym building in their back yard! It was a great place to have it!
The home owners have a pet snake. But not just any snake but a BIG HUGE BOA!!!! The kids thought it was awesome, but most of the women chose to keep their distance!
I knew that Nick had Kaylee and was showing her the snake. Afterward, she came up to me and said "Mom, I kissed the snake!". Yep, she kissed it! So not only did she pet the snakes back, but she kissed it too!!!! I am glad I didn't see that part!
It was a great Halloween party!!!! We can't wait to do it again next year!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Ike said...

Looks like fun. Whoever organized it did a good job. But who ever said it was annual?