Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hot Water!!

I am sure we have all taken things for granted....we are very spoiled if you think about it. We can flush a toilet , go to the grocery store and buy whatever food we want, keep our houses at a constant comfortable temperature, and turn on the faucet and expect hot water at our demand. That is, until your water heater goes kaput!! When we came home from Boise on Monday, this is what Nick saw in the utility room......
So, he made a phone call to the plumber, and a few hours later we received the news that our water heater was dying. It would still work until he could get us a new one, it would just leak a bit. There is a drain in the utility room, so we didn't worry to much about it. (Luckily it was under warranty and covered the cost of the new tank, just not installation, so Nick planned on installing it himself). We got a new tank the very next day, but Nick wasn't able to install it Tuesday and planned on installing it Wednesday after he got home from work. Unfortunately that wasn't soon enough for me, since Wednesday morning I woke up to find that there was no hot water!! Our water heater died during the night....So no hot water to wash dishes, bottles, bathe the kids, or take a shower! I was stuck with COLD water all day, until Nick got home from work. This typically wouldn't be a big deal, but I have BOTS on Wednesday night, and I figured that even if Nick got it installed within a few hours of getting home from work, there wouldn't be enough time for the water to get hot and me get ready.....SO...Jana was nice enough to let me borrow her shower for the day, and I was able to get ready. (I washed my face in COLD water though...and rinsed all my dishes I had used that day in COLD water....oh it was miserable). In fact, it made me really grumpy not having HOT water. So it was nice when I got home last night from practice, to wash bottles in HOT water...oh it was heaven!! I will forever be grateful for HOT WATER!! What a luxury we have!! Thanks again Jana for the HOT WATER!!!

5 comments:

The Hornes said...

I totally know how you feel. A few weeks ago at about 3:00 am our fan on our furnace went out. I really was grateful when that was fixed. It is truly amazing what we take for granted until we loose it. I am glad to hear you have hot water again. :)

Jana Banana said...

You are welcome! I am glad Nick was able to fix it and you didn't have to wait another whole day! That guy can fix anything, it is amazing!

Kellie said...

Yuck! We definitely do take things for granted. We've become such a spoiled generation I've decided. I'm grateful for all the things I have, but does it ever make you wonder if we'd be better off without some of it?!

Anonymous said...

Its nice to have all our conveniences working when it is SO STINKING COLD outside!!! Lol. Glad it was under warranty or that really sucks.

Patti, Danny, & Mariel said...

Wow! Terrible stuff when it comes to water heaters. We just had to replace our right before Christmas. There's nothing like going into the utility room and finding water on the ground!