Monday, November 17, 2008

BOGO on the brain?

Or should I say the EARS!?!?!

Dr's should really give discounts to families that have two children, whom both get a set of tubes surgically placed in their ears, within 8 days of each other. Like buy one, get one 1/2 off! :) We would totally qualify for that discount if they did! But they don't, so thank goodness for insurance!!

I took Carson in today to see his ENT Doctor, Dr. Skedros. Carson has been complaining about his right ear hurting since last Thursday. We had seen Dr. Skedros just three weeks ago, for a check up on his current tubes, since one had already fallen out of his left ear. He said we just need to watch the right ear, since it looked like it was almost out too. At first I thought Carson wasn't too bothered by it, but since it was everyday, the same ear, I thought maybe it does hurt him...sometimes three years olds don't understand, since if I ask if it hurts or feels good...he says 'yes' to both questions. So another $15 copay later, it is determined he needs more permanent tubes that WORK. So they will put in T-Tubes, which are more permanent, since they cannot fall out of the ear, and will be removed in 2 years. Which will hopefully give his ears more time to grow and develop so they will correct themselves in the future. We are scheduled to go to Lakeview Thursday morning to have them put in. Even though it only takes 15 minutes to put the tubes in, they still have to put Carson under. So that isn't any fun, but if it is anything like last time, by dinnertime, he will be back to normal, and you would never know he had anything done to him! (This will be his 3rd set of tubes, you gotta love genetics....)

This month has been quite crazy with both Carson and Kaylee having surgery....but I am still so grateful they are plenty healthy! We HAVE NOT heard back about the test results of Kaylee's Thyroglossal Duct Cyst, to determine what we do next with her. I hope to know tomorrow. I will keep you all posted. Thanks again for all the love, support, and concern you have shown my family! We love you all!! We know there have been many prayers on Kaylee's behalf, and we know our Heavenly Father is aware of our needs. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Poor little pumpkin. We have been really lucky with Piper (knock on wood). Just know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

The Hood's said...

We'll keep watching for results! Too bad for Carson--he's going to be an expert on tubes in no time! Prayers are still coming your way!

Katie said...

I agree, you should get a discount!
Keeping both munchkins in our prayers!!!

Andrea said...

You've sure had a crazy November -- lots of trials during this thankful month.

Michele said...

holy crap... i haven't blogged in forever and i had no idea any of this was going on! im so sorry! how scary... i know they are fine, but no one likes to have their babies in the hospital! im sorry for being such a lame neighbor! we are praying for you and both your kiddos! is there anything we can do for you??