Sunday, November 8, 2020

Calm before the storm....

On Sunday, October 5th, we enjoyed our traditional conference cakes!  We all love them so much!  But I wasn't feeling super great, so I took a shower and got ready for the day hoping that would perk me up.  It helped for a bit, but by that night I felt horrible and had a fever.  But we still enjoyed the day and I am glad I was able to still make conference cakes before I got sick.  






This was the highlight of the next few weeks since I ended up having Covid.  I had a fever, aches and the worst head pain in my ears for the next four days.  By Thursday, my fever broke, but then I lost my smell.  But luckily I could still taste.  I was pretty nauseous from Wednesday to Sunday and just pretty much stayed in bed the whole week.  I never had a soar throat or a cough, which I guess is supposed to be the main symptom of Covid.  On Sunday, the 11th, Nick woke up with a fever and not feeling well.  At this point, I hadn't been tested but everyone had been home from school and Nick took the week off to take care of me.  Since he was now sick and he was likely going to miss another week or two of work, we decided to get tested since the base would pay time off for having Covid and we wouldn't have to use up all his vacation time.  See the next post for the next miserable few weeks for our family!  

No comments: