Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Lights! Lights! Lights!

On Monday we spent family night enjoying the beautiful lights at Temple Square. Other than the cold, it was very enjoyable! This is the first time that Carson has seen the lights there! He thought it was pretty cool....he really liked the reflection pool. We went with our friends, the Yospe's, thanks for the fun night guys! And for dinner! Yum!!
It really felt like Christmas, walking around in the cold with the snow, the lights, and the Christmas music coming from street musicians. We topped the night off with warm brownies and hot cocoa with marshmallows!


Kaylee was so snuggled up, she fell asleep!! She probably didn't feel very good though, earlier that day, she had her booster flu shot and had to have her blood drawn to check her thyroid level. So she had quite a long day!!

Luke and Carson had such a blast together...they didn't complain once about the cold!!!

So, an update on Kaylee's thyroid....Dr. Reese called yesterday and unfortunately her tests showed that her thyroid wasn't working, and her levels were pretty high of the chemical that tells the thyroid to work....it is high since it is having to send out such a big signal to tell the thyroid to produce. So...we have her back on medicine, and now it is just a matter of getting the dose just right for her. I am so thankful to know what we need to do to keep her healthy, and I am glad that it is easy to fix with just one little pill a day! Thanks again for everyone's support and prayers on her behalf...we are very thankful to you and our loving Heavenly Father for all the love that has been shown to our family.

3 comments:

Lifes Great Adventures said...

I am sorry about Kaylee's thyroid. My mother in law had her thyroid removed and is on medicine and she doesn't have issues with it. I am sure they will figure it out and get the right dosage. Looks like you and your cute family are enjoying the season. Merry Christmas!

Melissa said...

I'm glad to hear that Kaylee is doing well. Good luck with figuring out the pill stuff.

Andrea said...

How fun! I need to go to Temple Square soon. I love Carson's hat. That's really too bad about Kaylee. I hope things continue to go as well as possible.